February 11, 2010
Last week we had our three major inspections: new construction, plumbing and electric.
We passed all three with flying colors. We’re structurally sound, to code and almost ready to insulate and drywall.
Siding has been temporarily on hold because of the snow. Once it’s dry enough, and above freezing we can start with the flashing around the new windows as the first step. Until then, little indistinguishable changes are happening all around the house. The last of the junction boxes are going in. The light above the back door is getting relocated. The master tub is set in cement. Ayesh and I are planning to shop this weekend for shower fixtures and tile.
Master tub set in
Master tub plumbed
Master tub framed in
October 21, 2009
I stopped over to the house on Saturday, stepped into the foyer of the house, and could see all the way up to the underside of the roof. Everything is ripped down to the basic orgininal framing.
All the old plumbing soon to be ripped out
Clear view all the way through
The front foyer
I took a ba-zillion photos, but unless you’re in the space and seeing it with your own eyes, it all looks pretty much the same. That won’t be the case for long, however. Ayesha is a much more talented photographer than I am, and she managed to get some really great shots, and a few of me standing amidst the ruins. (I’ll see if I can’t get her to do a guest post for the blog).
This week the contractor and his crew are working on ripping out the old framing that needs to be adjusted on each floor – there are only a few original walls that will be rebuilt in the same locations.
In the meantime, we’re starting to contemplate our options for windows, fixtures, and everything else that needs to go in once the draywalling happens over the next couple of weeks.